When putting together a team for a grant team for an organization, you need to make sure that you have all of your key positions covered within the players at the table:
- Head grant writer/professional;
- Finance director/staff;
- Program director/vice president/manager that will be responsible managing the implementation of the program;
- Grant manager for funded programs in your organization if that role is different than the grant writer;
- Representatives from your collaborative partners for the project; and
- Your evaluator/data guru (whether they be internal or external).
In addition to identifying the key members of your grant team, you need to have someone who is ultimately facilitating/coaching the team and inviting others to the team to sub in as necessary, be it an Executive Director, Town Supervisor, or Grants and Foundations Director.